Entries for the STEP Private Client Awards 2017/18 are now open
Any private client solicitor/attorney, accountant, barrister, banker, trust manager or financial advisor can enter the Awards. You do not need to be a STEP member to enter. Entries are accepted from all over the world, there are no geographical restrictions.
- Review the category(s) your firm will enter. Please note, firms can enter multiple categories but should only submit one entry per category.
- If you are entering multiple categories, please use the ‘Add a Submission’ function during the online entry process. If you wish to submit multiple entries at separate times each entry will need to have a different contact email address.
- Your entry will be judged using the criteria stated under that category with each criteria point having an equal weighting of 20%. Ensure you cover all points and note that the awards are intended to highlight those that have achieved particular success over the past year (May 2016 - April 2017).
- Download and use the ‘Submission Template’ provided for each individual category. Entrants who do not use the submission template provided for each category will not be accepted. The entry must be saved as a plain text word document (.doc or.docx only). PDF documents or documents containing images, charts or coloured text will not be accepted.
- Please ensure you enter the following information as outlined on the submission template;
1. Name of the Company/Individual entering the Award
2. Word Count (Excluding criteria headers)
- All entries must be recieved by 28th April 2017.
- For the Accountancy Team of the Year category all entrants will need to submit additional data on the number of staff in the firm globally.
- For the Boutique Firm of the Year category all entrants will need to submit additional data on the number of fee earners in the firm. The definition of fee earners can be viewed at www.steppca.org/FAQs.
- For the Contentious Trusts & Estates, International Legal & Private Client Legal Team of the Year categories all entrants will need to submit additional data on the number of fee earners in the team and the firm. The definition of fee earners can be viewed at www.steppca.org/FAQs.
- For the Investment Team of the Year category all entrants will need to submit additional quantitative data, which carries a weighting of 40%. Please see http://www.steppca.org/Investment-Team-of-the-Year-Quantitative-Data for the full details of quantitative data required.
- For the Trust Company category all entrants will need to submit additional data on the number of staff in the firm globally.
- Ensure your entry is no more than 1000 words, allocating 200 words per criteria point. Entries of over 1,000 words will not be accepted by the judges. All text within the document (excluding criteria headers/headers on the submission templates) will be counted in the word count, including the appendices. We would suggest scaling the appendices back or leaving them out altogether if possible.
- When you submit online you will be required to provide contact details.
- We do not charge an entry fee to enter the STEP Private Client Awards, but rather ask for donations to our awards charity, Operation Smile. Donations last year ranged from GBP50 to GBP5,000 per entry. You will receive instructions on how to make your donation once your entry has been received by the Private Client Awards Team.
- An email confirmation will be sent following your submission providing you with a unique confirmation number for your entries.
About your entry:
- All entries received will be treated as completely confidential at all times.
- The presiding judges may decide that there are insufficient entries of a high enough quality to progress with a category and may drop a category under such circumstances.
- Depending on the entries received the presiding judges may decide that there is sufficient evidence to split the Accountancy, Contentious Trusts and Estates, International Legal, Private Client Legal & Trust Company categories into sub-categories and entrants will be advised under these circumstances at shortlist stage.
- A firm/individual is eligible to win up to three consecutive years in a particular category, in the fourth year those winners will be excluded from entering, and will be eligible to enter again in the fifth year. This rule does not apply for subsidiary/affiliate firms or teams based in different jurisdictions.
- All entries must be received by midnight on 28th April 2017.
- You will find out if you are shortlisted in June 2017.
If you have any questions about the Awards, please email the STEP PCA Team at email@example.com or call +44(0)20 3752 3700.