Contentious Trust and Estates Team of the Year applies to a team of lawyers specialising in disputed situations that require resolution whether through litigation or some other means. Depending on the entries received, the judges may decide to split the category into ‘midsize firm’ & ‘large firm’ sub-categories and entrants will be advised under these circumstances at shortlist stage.
Entries should focus on the past year only and include the following:
- Give clear information on the most notable cases (no more than three) handled by the team explaining what makes them notable, highlighting any legal issues raised, reported decisions etc.
- Highlight the team’s range of skills, and explain how they interact with colleagues in non-contentious and commercial litigation fields.
- Demonstrate how the team attracts and secures new client relationships in this specialist field.
- Demonstrate how the team displays innovation for its clients with references to include the team’s approach to mediation or other suitable forms of ADR.
- Demonstrate support for continued professional development and education internally and commitment to the profession more widely, highlighting membership of any specialist professional groups and contributions to thought leadership e.g. teaching posts, papers written etc.
Back to List